ONLINE EXCLUSIVE! BMGT221 - Principles of Accounting II
Many aspects of BMGT221 allow students to find their niche.
Gregory A. Pfeiffer teaches BMGT221, an accounting class. According to Testudo, its prerequisite is BMGT220, which deals with financial accounting. This second level of the two-part introductory Principles of Accounting course centers around the "basic theory and techniques of accounting for managerial decision making."
"I like that the class involves simple computations such as addition, subtraction and multiplication," said junior mechanical engineering major Cameron Bennett, who intends on applying to the Smith School at the end of the semester, and is taking BMGT221 to fulfill the requirements of the application.
But according to Bennett, because "accounting is simply numbers, [it's] often hard to keep up with [assigned] reading when just discussing how to manipulate numbers."
Along with teaching students about the flow of inventory in companies, Pfeiffer also teaches them how to break down financial documents like income statements and balance sheets, and how to analyze financial accounts.
Junior computer science major Jourdan Walls, who is considering majoring in business, enjoys the discussion section of the class more than any other segment, because of its interactivity. She finds the weekly homework useful because it helps her better grasp the material and prepares her for tests.
"We have a worksheet that we do along with the TA," Walls said. "If we ever have any questions, [the TA] does a really great job at explaining concepts."
"[The professor] elaborates on the concepts by telling stories of his own business endeavors," Bennett said. "[And] the TAs give concrete examples…to help make the material understandable."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Key Ingredients for a Healthy Heart
- Spring Cleaning Made Easy to Help Tackle Inanimate Allergens
- For Love of the Game -- Smokeless Tobacco Still a Part of...
- How Plumbing Is Flushing Into the Future
- New App Takes the Task Out of Boat Maintenance
- Talk Before You Take When Dealing With Medicine
- Eclectic Father's Day Gift Ideas for Dad
- When on an Association Board, Education Is a Must
- Anti-Cancer Compounds Show Promise in Early Research
- 5 Ways to Keep Your Home Clean During a Remodel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS
- NEW WEBSITE FEATURES COLLEGE PROFESSORS EXCLUSIVELY AS ONLINE TUTORS
- Dickinson College and Jadu Reinvent Website and Portal with 'Single Experience Student Platform'
- UT Austin Tops All-America Student Analyst Competition 2014-15
- SVG, NACDA Announce Finalists for 2015 College Sports Media Awards