ONLINE EXCLUSIVE! BMGT221 - Principles of Accounting II
Many aspects of BMGT221 allow students to find their niche.
Gregory A. Pfeiffer teaches BMGT221, an accounting class. According to Testudo, its prerequisite is BMGT220, which deals with financial accounting. This second level of the two-part introductory Principles of Accounting course centers around the "basic theory and techniques of accounting for managerial decision making."
"I like that the class involves simple computations such as addition, subtraction and multiplication," said junior mechanical engineering major Cameron Bennett, who intends on applying to the Smith School at the end of the semester, and is taking BMGT221 to fulfill the requirements of the application.
But according to Bennett, because "accounting is simply numbers, [it's] often hard to keep up with [assigned] reading when just discussing how to manipulate numbers."
Along with teaching students about the flow of inventory in companies, Pfeiffer also teaches them how to break down financial documents like income statements and balance sheets, and how to analyze financial accounts.
Junior computer science major Jourdan Walls, who is considering majoring in business, enjoys the discussion section of the class more than any other segment, because of its interactivity. She finds the weekly homework useful because it helps her better grasp the material and prepares her for tests.
"We have a worksheet that we do along with the TA," Walls said. "If we ever have any questions, [the TA] does a really great job at explaining concepts."
"[The professor] elaborates on the concepts by telling stories of his own business endeavors," Bennett said. "[And] the TAs give concrete examples…to help make the material understandable."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind