ONLINE EXCLUSIVE! BMGT221 - Principles of Accounting II
Many aspects of BMGT221 allow students to find their niche.
Gregory A. Pfeiffer teaches BMGT221, an accounting class. According to Testudo, its prerequisite is BMGT220, which deals with financial accounting. This second level of the two-part introductory Principles of Accounting course centers around the "basic theory and techniques of accounting for managerial decision making."
"I like that the class involves simple computations such as addition, subtraction and multiplication," said junior mechanical engineering major Cameron Bennett, who intends on applying to the Smith School at the end of the semester, and is taking BMGT221 to fulfill the requirements of the application.
But according to Bennett, because "accounting is simply numbers, [it's] often hard to keep up with [assigned] reading when just discussing how to manipulate numbers."
Along with teaching students about the flow of inventory in companies, Pfeiffer also teaches them how to break down financial documents like income statements and balance sheets, and how to analyze financial accounts.
Junior computer science major Jourdan Walls, who is considering majoring in business, enjoys the discussion section of the class more than any other segment, because of its interactivity. She finds the weekly homework useful because it helps her better grasp the material and prepares her for tests.
"We have a worksheet that we do along with the TA," Walls said. "If we ever have any questions, [the TA] does a really great job at explaining concepts."
"[The professor] elaborates on the concepts by telling stories of his own business endeavors," Bennett said. "[And] the TAs give concrete examples…to help make the material understandable."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards