Business school clubs come together to organize volleyball tournament
In an effort to instill camaraderie among business school clubs – and do a good deed by the same token – SUSA hosted its charity volleyball tournament. Titled "Spikes that Save" by TerpAMA, the tournament brought together more than 40 Terps at La Plata Beach on Oct. 9, for a day of fun and philanthropy.
Each of the 10 teams that participated contributed toward UNICEF. The money is earmarked as part of a relief effort for those affected by the recent floods in Pakistan.
"The Community Service Chair thought it would be nice to support the floods in Pakistan because the country was not getting the aid that it needed," said SUSA President Chris Corragio.
But putting the event together was far from easy. A big obstacle was a pure lack of interest.
"Some clubs were just uninterested, but that's how it just is sometimes," said event coordinator Brian Doyle. "Still, everyone appeared to have a great time. There are definitely some athletes in SUSA."
Each team played intense and competitive games; but in the end, it was the Community of Aspiring Shareholders (CASH) who took the trophy home after winning a close match against the Phi Chi Theta Professional Coed Business Fraternity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program