Business school clubs come together to organize volleyball tournament
In an effort to instill camaraderie among business school clubs – and do a good deed by the same token – SUSA hosted its charity volleyball tournament. Titled "Spikes that Save" by TerpAMA, the tournament brought together more than 40 Terps at La Plata Beach on Oct. 9, for a day of fun and philanthropy.
Each of the 10 teams that participated contributed toward UNICEF. The money is earmarked as part of a relief effort for those affected by the recent floods in Pakistan.
"The Community Service Chair thought it would be nice to support the floods in Pakistan because the country was not getting the aid that it needed," said SUSA President Chris Corragio.
But putting the event together was far from easy. A big obstacle was a pure lack of interest.
"Some clubs were just uninterested, but that's how it just is sometimes," said event coordinator Brian Doyle. "Still, everyone appeared to have a great time. There are definitely some athletes in SUSA."
Each team played intense and competitive games; but in the end, it was the Community of Aspiring Shareholders (CASH) who took the trophy home after winning a close match against the Phi Chi Theta Professional Coed Business Fraternity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...
- Know Your Drug Costs Before You Leave the Doctor's Office
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Knowledge Gaps in Vaccination Against Meningococcal Disease
- Five Easy Steps to Own Holiday Shopping on a Budget
- CSUN Secular Student Alliance holds their first meeting
- Application Deadline Near for $100,000 Excellence in Innovation Award
- Voto Latino to Host Event on Climate Change Challenges & Opportunities