Business school clubs come together to organize volleyball tournament
In an effort to instill camaraderie among business school clubs – and do a good deed by the same token – SUSA hosted its charity volleyball tournament. Titled "Spikes that Save" by TerpAMA, the tournament brought together more than 40 Terps at La Plata Beach on Oct. 9, for a day of fun and philanthropy.
Each of the 10 teams that participated contributed toward UNICEF. The money is earmarked as part of a relief effort for those affected by the recent floods in Pakistan.
"The Community Service Chair thought it would be nice to support the floods in Pakistan because the country was not getting the aid that it needed," said SUSA President Chris Corragio.
But putting the event together was far from easy. A big obstacle was a pure lack of interest.
"Some clubs were just uninterested, but that's how it just is sometimes," said event coordinator Brian Doyle. "Still, everyone appeared to have a great time. There are definitely some athletes in SUSA."
Each team played intense and competitive games; but in the end, it was the Community of Aspiring Shareholders (CASH) who took the trophy home after winning a close match against the Phi Chi Theta Professional Coed Business Fraternity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!