Business school clubs come together to organize volleyball tournament
In an effort to instill camaraderie among business school clubs – and do a good deed by the same token – SUSA hosted its charity volleyball tournament. Titled "Spikes that Save" by TerpAMA, the tournament brought together more than 40 Terps at La Plata Beach on Oct. 9, for a day of fun and philanthropy.
Each of the 10 teams that participated contributed toward UNICEF. The money is earmarked as part of a relief effort for those affected by the recent floods in Pakistan.
"The Community Service Chair thought it would be nice to support the floods in Pakistan because the country was not getting the aid that it needed," said SUSA President Chris Corragio.
But putting the event together was far from easy. A big obstacle was a pure lack of interest.
"Some clubs were just uninterested, but that's how it just is sometimes," said event coordinator Brian Doyle. "Still, everyone appeared to have a great time. There are definitely some athletes in SUSA."
Each team played intense and competitive games; but in the end, it was the Community of Aspiring Shareholders (CASH) who took the trophy home after winning a close match against the Phi Chi Theta Professional Coed Business Fraternity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Yes, Olivia, There Is a Santa, and He's Calling You
- Got Tech Neck? Here's Some Advice.
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind