Business school clubs come together to organize volleyball tournament
In an effort to instill camaraderie among business school clubs – and do a good deed by the same token – SUSA hosted its charity volleyball tournament. Titled "Spikes that Save" by TerpAMA, the tournament brought together more than 40 Terps at La Plata Beach on Oct. 9, for a day of fun and philanthropy.
Each of the 10 teams that participated contributed toward UNICEF. The money is earmarked as part of a relief effort for those affected by the recent floods in Pakistan.
"The Community Service Chair thought it would be nice to support the floods in Pakistan because the country was not getting the aid that it needed," said SUSA President Chris Corragio.
But putting the event together was far from easy. A big obstacle was a pure lack of interest.
"Some clubs were just uninterested, but that's how it just is sometimes," said event coordinator Brian Doyle. "Still, everyone appeared to have a great time. There are definitely some athletes in SUSA."
Each team played intense and competitive games; but in the end, it was the Community of Aspiring Shareholders (CASH) who took the trophy home after winning a close match against the Phi Chi Theta Professional Coed Business Fraternity.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes