Luck and Success
Do people really 'get lucky'?
Luck and Success
Just last week I was sitting in front of Mckeldin Library people-watching, and within 10 minutes I saw anywhere from 15-20 people rub testudo's nose while passing by. This got me thinking about luck. You always hear people saying, "he/she's so lucky," whenever something good goes their way: but how much of it is really luck? After this crossed my mind, I watched the next few students walk by and looked more closely. Most had backpacks, a handful seemed to be walking with a purpose, and a few just strolled by nonchalantly. Luck may not carry a certain form, but it definitely follows certain logic. Logically, some people believe in luck for the glamour and drama of an unknown outcome while others believe in their own luck. Essentially, those who believe in themselves tend to have reason; they go to class, do their homework, and study.
Founder of Smart Bear Software, Jason Cohen, has his own thoughts on the matter.
"You'd think they'd be impressed with the hours I put in, with the ideas I had, with the way I handled customers, and with the stress of bootstrapping." But no, success is "lucky."
So, by all means, keep giving our Testudo a pat on the nose, but don't count on tradition to give you an A.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
- New Nighttime Grind Guard Relieves Jaw Pain
- Why Yoga Relieves Stress, Improves Health and Balances...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum