Entrepreneurs in Social Value Creation
A door opens in sustainability practices
As part of the program, you will:
* Design, develop and execute new solutions to building a community of students, faculty and staff who want to transform the world. Each year, you determine what we do!
* Receive coaching from the program's Executive Director and Ashoka staff, and access to some of today's leading social entrepreneurs
* Participate in Ashoka's Changemaker Campus Summit in Washington, DC in February, where you'll learn from experts and practitioners in the field and network with other campus leaders.
* And of course, transform the social entrepreneurship scene on the UM campus
The following links will give you a sense for the program and last year's initiatives.
http://www.ashoka.org/ccblog (Changemaker Campus blog)
http://vimeo.com/6087539 (A video featuring last year's team)
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/ses/ (2009 Social Enterprise Symposium organized by the UM Ashoka Team)
http://rhsmith.umd.edu/svc/filmfestival/2009Winners.aspx (2009 Transform Your World Film Festival designed by the UM Ashoka Team)
Please also join the Facebook Terp Changemakers group where we encourage dialog among students, promote events, and encourage campus changemaking. Just search for 'terp changemakers' in the Maryland network.
Please submit your completed application and resume to Sarina Gerson at email@example.com. Interviews will be held the week of October 5th.
More info? Contact Melissa Carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-405-9517.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
- Grandparents, Keep Your Meds Up and Away From Young Children
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership