Entrepreneurs in Social Value Creation
A door opens in sustainability practices
As part of the program, you will:
* Design, develop and execute new solutions to building a community of students, faculty and staff who want to transform the world. Each year, you determine what we do!
* Receive coaching from the program's Executive Director and Ashoka staff, and access to some of today's leading social entrepreneurs
* Participate in Ashoka's Changemaker Campus Summit in Washington, DC in February, where you'll learn from experts and practitioners in the field and network with other campus leaders.
* And of course, transform the social entrepreneurship scene on the UM campus
The following links will give you a sense for the program and last year's initiatives.
http://www.ashoka.org/ccblog (Changemaker Campus blog)
http://vimeo.com/6087539 (A video featuring last year's team)
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/ses/ (2009 Social Enterprise Symposium organized by the UM Ashoka Team)
http://rhsmith.umd.edu/svc/filmfestival/2009Winners.aspx (2009 Transform Your World Film Festival designed by the UM Ashoka Team)
Please also join the Facebook Terp Changemakers group where we encourage dialog among students, promote events, and encourage campus changemaking. Just search for 'terp changemakers' in the Maryland network.
Please submit your completed application and resume to Sarina Gerson at email@example.com. Interviews will be held the week of October 5th.
More info? Contact Melissa Carrier at firstname.lastname@example.org, 301-405-9517.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Not Seeing a Chiropractor Could Cost You
- Steampunk Steamrolls Into Living Rooms Nationwide
- Modern-Day Party Do's and Don'ts
- Taking Care of Your Child's Eyes in Today's Digitally...
- Will the Movie Studio be the Next Heavy Hitter?
- Survey Shows Americans' Views on Dental Hygiene Differ by...
- Fire Away: How to Prepare For Hunting Season
- Novel Program Brings Hope to African Nation
- What Health Care Really Costs
- Millennials Cited for Rise in ETF Popularity
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- 18-25 Years Old? EARN $80 IN 90 MINUTES for Participating in Research Study
- truth® CELEBRATES SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY MOVE TO TOBACCO-FREE
- vitaminwater® Announces Project Hustle Finalists
- Supermodel Jaslene Gonzalez to Speak at Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority 25th Anniversary Sisterhood Retreat
- LEMELSON-MIT ANNOUNCES NATIONAL COLLEGIATE STUDENT PRIZE COMPETITION WINNERS