Entrepreneurs in Social Value Creation
A door opens in sustainability practices
As part of the program, you will:
* Design, develop and execute new solutions to building a community of students, faculty and staff who want to transform the world. Each year, you determine what we do!
* Receive coaching from the program's Executive Director and Ashoka staff, and access to some of today's leading social entrepreneurs
* Participate in Ashoka's Changemaker Campus Summit in Washington, DC in February, where you'll learn from experts and practitioners in the field and network with other campus leaders.
* And of course, transform the social entrepreneurship scene on the UM campus
The following links will give you a sense for the program and last year's initiatives.
http://www.ashoka.org/ccblog (Changemaker Campus blog)
http://vimeo.com/6087539 (A video featuring last year's team)
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/ses/ (2009 Social Enterprise Symposium organized by the UM Ashoka Team)
http://rhsmith.umd.edu/svc/filmfestival/2009Winners.aspx (2009 Transform Your World Film Festival designed by the UM Ashoka Team)
Please also join the Facebook Terp Changemakers group where we encourage dialog among students, promote events, and encourage campus changemaking. Just search for 'terp changemakers' in the Maryland network.
Please submit your completed application and resume to Sarina Gerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held the week of October 5th.
More info? Contact Melissa Carrier at email@example.com, 301-405-9517.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
- 10 Tips to Stay Safe During Spring Break
- 10 Tips for Staying Safe During Spring Break
- 3 Things to Know Before Ride-Booking a Car
- For Advanced Heart Failure Patients, There Is Hope
- Bringing Chiropractic to the Little League
- Singapore Pastor Kong Hee Maintains Innocence, Gains...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending
- RetailMeNot Helps Students Save Money on Spring Break Travel
- Visit Virtual Study Abroad Fair on February 25 to explore study abroad options and win prizes
- Students kill three birds with one stone
- Sodexo Expands Ongoing Commitment to More Humane Supply Chain through its Comprehensive Animal Welfare Policy