Entrepreneurs in Social Value Creation
A door opens in sustainability practices
As part of the program, you will:
* Design, develop and execute new solutions to building a community of students, faculty and staff who want to transform the world. Each year, you determine what we do!
* Receive coaching from the program's Executive Director and Ashoka staff, and access to some of today's leading social entrepreneurs
* Participate in Ashoka's Changemaker Campus Summit in Washington, DC in February, where you'll learn from experts and practitioners in the field and network with other campus leaders.
* And of course, transform the social entrepreneurship scene on the UM campus
The following links will give you a sense for the program and last year's initiatives.
http://www.ashoka.org/ccblog (Changemaker Campus blog)
http://vimeo.com/6087539 (A video featuring last year's team)
http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/ses/ (2009 Social Enterprise Symposium organized by the UM Ashoka Team)
http://rhsmith.umd.edu/svc/filmfestival/2009Winners.aspx (2009 Transform Your World Film Festival designed by the UM Ashoka Team)
Please also join the Facebook Terp Changemakers group where we encourage dialog among students, promote events, and encourage campus changemaking. Just search for 'terp changemakers' in the Maryland network.
Please submit your completed application and resume to Sarina Gerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held the week of October 5th.
More info? Contact Melissa Carrier at email@example.com, 301-405-9517.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The Munch News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE MUNCH NEWS
RECENT THE MUNCH CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Top Tips for Timely Performance Driving
- Wellness Program Rewards Healthy New Year's Goals
- New Medical Supplement Offers Advance in Bladder Control
- Get An Edge on College Prep Tests
- Noodles to the Rescue: Make Dinner In a Snap
- Student Athletes Emulate the Pros in Abusing Prescription...
- Specialized Firefighter Training Helps Save Farmers' Lives
- One New Year's Resolution You Don't Have to Keep to Be a...
- Reverse Mortgage Can Help With Retirement Planning
- How to Protect Your Data in a Connected World
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College Students Head Back to Campus with Amazon Prime Student
- Phi Kappa Phi 2017 Award Programs Now Open
- MAX FROST RELEASES NEW VIDEO FOR INFECTIOUS TRACK "ADDERALL"
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates